Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Impossible Made Possible

If a heart could explode from gratitude mine would. There are absolutely no words that can describe the humility I feel today. I have a strong testimony that trials are the biggest blessings we can be given on this earth. We were sent here to be tested and to grow. It is through trials that we are tested to our limits and given the opportunity and privilege to grow and learn.
I had until the end of November to clean out my dads house. Unlike when my mother passed I have no where to put my Father's belongings. The stuff he owned needed to be sorted, divided and sold. My sister and I have been over at my dads house almost everyday the last month and made some good headway. The big problem was time. Today in November 27, which mean I had three day to accomplish what seemed like the impossible.
I have always had a hard time asking and accepting help. I guess it is a combination of the fact that I feel guilt easily and that I am just too prideful. Today I learned what humility and selflessness was. I mentioned at my work a few days ago that I could use some help. Today as I was working on my Dad's house my co-workers, my co-workers husbands and brothers, even my students showed up to help me. They accomplished in one day what I had been trying to do all month. I was so humbled and full of gratitude today I thought my heart would burst. These people have no clue the service they did for me today. They did not just clean out my Dad's house but they taught me a lesson. They taught me charity, the pure love of Christ. They taught me what true selflessness is. My sister got the my Dad's house later in the day. As she walked into the house and saw what had been accomplish all she could do was cry. My brothers did the same. I am a truly blessed individual.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Hey love. I'm so glad to hear you were able to get things accomplished with help from people who love you!! You are amazing... and you are such a help to others around you I think sometimes you forget to take care of YOU. That is why you have an Ethan to take care and spoil you :)