Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boating

So my dad has always had a special place in his heart for camping. Camping is the one thing my family did as a vacation. Some of my favorite childhood memories are camping with my family. We have this old 76 Viking party boat. It was nothing pretty but it was ours. My mom would pick us kids up from school in her fish'n vest with the van loaded up and the boat on back. She would tell the front desk she needed to pick us up because we were sick and we were going to be sick for the next two weeks. In second grade we missed so much school the school notified the police. I love to camp and to be out doors. Well the poor Viking boat has seen better days. It has five cracks in the engine. It has been my dad's goal to fix the Viking boat so we can go boating and camping again. By the time we fixed up the Viking boat it would cost an arm and a leg and who knows how long it would take.... sooo.... Ethan and I bought a boat!!!! The boat is in our name but technically it is my dads boat cause he is paying us back. It is not a super nice boat but it is perfect for my dad and he loves it. The only sad part is we are getting rid of the Viking which has been in our family for years. We have been boat twice in the last three days and me and my dad are going fishing first thing Monday morning. I love to see my dad smile and he smiles the biggest when he is on the water.

No comments: